Terms & Conditions
Please read our Terms & Conditions in full and contact us for any queries before enrolling in a UK School of Skin Excellence Course.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking. The only exception is where you are paying the course deposit, where by the remaining balance will be due 14 days before your scheduled course date.
Should you have a discount code, gift voucher, offer or other credit on file applicable, please ensure you apply this at the time of making payment as these cannot be applied retrospectively once payment has been made.
Please note we reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice. Once a booking is made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded in the event of a later course price reduction.
All course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The UK School of Skin is unable to offer refunds for cancellations outside of our control, i.e. adverse weather conditions, terrorist attacks, flooding, industrial action or Visa refusals. An alternative training date will be offered. The UKSSE is not responsible for any loss of income, accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
Cancellation or Transfer of Training Dates
Rescheduling Requests & Fees
In the event of a genuine reason for cancellation (proof of which may be required); of a confirmed training date notified prior to the booked training date, a request for a transfer will be considered at the discretion of The UK School of Skin Excellence (subject to availability). If successful, an administration fee of £25.00 per course date will be charged.
Non-attendance where no prior notice is given will be handled at the discretion of The UK School of Skin Excellence and may result in loss of course fees. This is applicable only to courses booked at full price only.
Should you be unable to attend a confirmed training date for medical reasons, a valid medical certificate covering the named student and day of the booked training will be required to waiver the fee to reschedule. Under medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required) and where immediate reschedule might not be possible; a credit for all or part of the course fee may be placed on file as a gesture of goodwill. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue at which time the course fees would be forfeited. No refund of course fees can be issued.
Last Minute Offer Bookings
Courses booked as part of Last Minute Offers either online or by telephone, are by their definition intended to be attended on the specific course date/course/venue booked. In the event of a genuine reason for non-attendance of any Last Minute Offer course, (at the discretion of The Beauty Academy) we may agree to allow the course fees paid to be placed on file as a credit towards a further training course, however this credit would be minus the standard £25 rescheduling fee per training day booked regardless of the reason for non-attendance e.g. a cancelled last minute offer course booked at £150 would result in a £125 credit being placed on file. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue at which time the course fees would be forfeited. No refund of course fees can be issued.
Booked training is non-transferable to an alternative student. Please ensure the booking is made giving the correct name of the person attending the course at the time of making payment. Amendments to this will be chargeable at £25 per course date/person, where possible for a change to be accommodated and a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to the course date is required, in writing.
In the event that the UK School of Skin Excellence should have to cancel your course for reasons outside of our control; The UK School of Skin Excellence will endeavour to give students at least 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation by telephone and/or email. The Uk School of Skin Excellence is not responsible for any accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses.
All practical training must be completed within 6 months of booking your course, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking. Should you fail to attend your original training dates for any reason and the course later be retired or amended in content, no refund or difference in courses fees will be offered. You may however, look to use the course fees on file as a credit towards payment for an alternative course of your choosing within 6 months of the original date of booking. Students who fail to book, attend or reschedule training within 6 months of enrolling upon their course (taken from date of making first payment) will forfeit any course fees paid. We cannot offer any refunds, credits or substitute training in such circumstances.
Minimum Student Age
We accept all students aged 16 years or over for our face to face training courses. With regret due to insurance reasons, we are unable to accept students aged under 16 years on the day of training for face to face courses, however online courses are open to those of any age as no attendance of our centres is required. Please note most insurers will only provide public liability (beauty therapist) insurance for working with the general public to those aged 18 or over, although some selected companies will accept those aged 16 or over.
Please arrive at the training centre for 9.45am for a 10.00am start. Courses finish at approximately 4.00pm. A short break for lunch is provided during which we recommend students remain within the training centre. If you arrive late in the morning or when returning from agreed breaks, you will be refused entry to the training. This is to avoid disruption for other students on the course.
Please note a fee of £25 will apply to reschedule your training.
All students must attend the full training. Should you choose or need to leave a course before the approximate end time of 4pm, you will forfeit any course fees and may not achieve your diploma.
Confirmation of Bookings
Once you have booked a training course you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the booking (for bookings made within office hours. Outside of these hours; confirmation will be sent on the next working day).
If booking a course online, please note that your booking is not confirmed until a Confirmation Email has been sent by our Booking Team to acknowledge your booking. The online payment receipt does not form a guaranteed or confirmed booking.
If booking last minute courses or courses scheduled for within less than 48 hours, please call to book so that we can confirm availability to you prior to payment. Where a course booked online outside office hours is unavailable or cancelled, an alternative date will be offered or a refund of the course fee paid will be given within 5 days.
No reimbursement will be made for travel/accommodation/childcare costs for cancelled/unavailable courses booked at last minute online.
Where booking online less than 24 hours prior to a scheduled course date, please call us at 9.00am on the day of the training to confirm your booking has been received and chosen training is available.
Diploma certificates are issued on the day of training, where this is not possible this will be sent via recorded delivery within 2 working days from the day of your training. Certificates are provided to meet the needs of insurance.
Students are responsible for ensuring they contact us by email within 30 days of attending their training course, should you fail to receive their diploma certificate for any reason or should there be any error in the certificate received. Beyond this time, the below fees for replacement certificates would apply. If you require your certificate to be reissued in a new name, we would require evidence for the reason for change of name plus the standard replacement certificate fees.
Students wishing to purchase a replacement certificate or hard copy of their diploma may do so by emailing email@example.com so that a link can be sent to allow you to process your diploma request charge securely online through our website.
- Hard copies by post are charged at £28 per certificate
Once your payment is received, your request will be processed and your certificate(s) sent to you within 5 working days.
Online Courses / Student Portal
Students who book online beauty courses will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of booking which will include details of how to access the Student Portal & unique login information. We recommend students to access the portal and download/save a copy of any additional reference documents available for your course such as the practical assignment pack as soon as possible. Enrolment for online courses runs for 8 weeks during which time you must work through the online learning resources, complete the multiple choice theory tests and submit your case studies.
By accepting the terms presented when first logging in to the Student Portal, you confirm acceptance that this will expire your cooling off period immediately (if applicable). Once you have accessed the Student Portal, no changes will be possible to make to your enrolment. Please check the details given on your first login and update these as required before accessing the portal to ensure all details are correct on our system for you. Please note it is important to make timely progress with your online course. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact our Support team without delay who will be happy to assist. Enrolment expires after 8 weeks from date of booking. Students who do not complete within this time, will not receive their certificate and would need to re-enrol at the standard fee if wishing to complete. A one-off extension of 30 days can only be provided in the case of medical or compassionate circumstances at the discretion of The UK School of Skin Excellence, for which suitable proof may be requested to validate your request. Request for such must be made before expiration of your enrolment period. In rare cases where a transfer from online to face to face training is preferred, or required at the discretion of the Support team, an additional fee of £100 per face to face training day required will apply and in some cases may be deemed necessary for a certificate to be issued.
Online courses require completion of theory tests and some case studies at home (for which you will need to work on friends/family and have access to basic products at home). Theory tests are completed through the online portal. A pass mark of 80% or above is required for each test but these can be retaken online for free and as many times as needed until you pass. Case studies can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by recorded post to UK School of Skin Excellence, Unit 8 Harts Barn, Monmouth Road, Longhope, Gloucester, GL17 0QD. Once case studies are received, these will be evaluated by our Assessor. You will receive feedback and/or your certificate by email within 10 working days of submission. Our Support Team are on-hand by email to assist you throughout your studies and beyond.
During your training
During your training you will be required to give and receive treatments.
Please note courses may be mixed sex groups. If you have personal or religious reasons where you require training in a same sex environment only, please discuss this with our Course Advisors before booking.
Photography / recording of training (both audio or video) is strictly prohibited while in attendance of the training centre. Comprehensive training notes are provided at the time of booking and our Support team are available to assist with any queries after training, therefore this should not be required. This is to protect the privacy of other students, meet Data Protection requirements and avoid disruption to training. Tutors may occasionally take photos of student work during training with express permission, for marketing/promotional purposes.
All courses are taught only in English. All students are therefore required to have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken. This is essential so that the tutor is able to assess a student’s competence of all required aspects to achieve The UK School of Skin Excellence Diploma. Students must advise of any language issues at the time of booking as we may recommend one to one training as a more suitable training option (for which additional cost applies, see below).
Should a student be unable to demonstrate the required level of English to participate fully within the course, they may be refused the diploma and would unfortunately forfeit any course fees paid. Therefore it is important to discuss this prior to booking if you feel this may be an issue affecting your learning and course participation.
Please make us aware of any health conditions and/or medications currently taken that may affect your practical training or assessment days. Due to health and safety reasons, we do not allow students who are pregnant to partake in practical training or assessment days.
All students are required to disclose any medical conditions at the time of booking, which will be dealt in the strictest of confidence. Some conditions may impede ability to participate fully within a course. An important part of training is to deliver and receive treatments.
Adjustments will be made to accommodate medical conditions where possible and practical. Where students are unable to receive treatments for medical reasons, a female model may be requested to be provided by the student for each training day.
Failure to disclose known medical conditions at the time of booking or to provide a female model where requested, which later prevent participation in a particular course may result in forfeit of course fees.
Special Training Needs / Requirements
It is very important you make us aware of any special needs you may have in order to make your practical training or assessment days run smoothly. Where possible we seek to include students with special requirements within our main course delivery. However for some students this may not be possible. Many students with special training needs prefer and gain the most benefit from tailored training on a one to one basis. Feasibility depends upon the course you are wishing to study; however where possible adjustments or special arrangements will be considered. Please note an additional cost will apply for training on a one to one basis.
You must ensure you are able to receive treatments and have notified us of any medical conditions / medications which may prevent you receiving treatments. Those receiving certain treatments for acne (such as roaccutane) or who have undergone cosmetic procedures to include surgery, dermal fillers of any kind or semi-permanent make-up / facial tattooing or micro-blading within the last 12 weeks will be unable to participate within these courses. Failure to disclose these treatments prior to booking your course may result in loss of course fees.
Once you have booked your training will be sent a document outlining medical conditions that may affect your suitability to participate within training. Please read through this thoroughly and respond by return email to confirm yes (with specific details) or no to indicate if there are no conditions applicable to you. This allows us to ensure you are able and safe to give/receive the treatments due to the Electrical aspects involved with these treatments. Once your response is received, we will then be able to confirm your training dates or will contact you to discuss further.
All equipment and products are provided for you to train with on the day. Some of our courses provide a kit to take home on the day of training. Please contact us for any questions.
Insurance (Public Liability Insurance)
Following your practical training, you will receive The UK School of Skin Excellence diploma which will allow you to apply for insurance to allow you to begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working in salon, on a self-employed basis (including mobile) and to take payments should you wish.
Please note if you wish to obtain cover with a specific insurer, you must check with the insurer prior to booking your course that they will accept our Diploma.
Insurers work to their own discretion over preferred training providers and this is beyond our control. If you hold an existing policy, you are responsible to ensure the insurance provider will extend your cover to include the new treatment(s) and for covering any cost to make changes. The UK School of Skin Excellence cannot accept responsibility for issues resulting with insurance companies where students fail to check this prior to booking.
If working self-employed, you must also ensure you register with HMRC regarding any tax/national insurance applicable to any income earned on this basis. If intending to run a business from within your home, you must check your mortgage / deeds / tenancy to ensure there are no clauses to this. You may also need to enquire with your local council if seeking to change use of an area of your home or to open business premises to check their requirements and if any special treatments local authority licensing is applicable. We recommend checking these factors prior to booking to enable you to make suitable plans for your new career.
Following training, students should begin practising treatments as soon as possible while the knowledge and skills are freshly learnt. Students are recommended to ensure they put public liability insurance in place before taking on paying clients. Students are advised to refer to the Practical Training notes provided with the Booking Confirmation email following training to refresh your knowledge and assist you with the treatment routines etc. Students are welcome to contact the Support Team with any questions. Should you be unable to practice your skills and/or require additional training at a later stage, please note additional fees apply per training day required.
We are keen to ensure all students gain the most from their training experience. In the first instance, please raise any difficulties or concerns with the tutor on the training day(s) as most issues can quickly be rectified at the time. However, in the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations and you feel unable to raise this with the tutor on the training day, please email@example.com with the details of your feedback or complaint. This email must be received in writing within 5 days of your training course. We take all feedback and complaints very seriously and this will be investigated as required. You will receive a response in writing within 5 working days.
For all other enquiries please contact:
For existing student support regarding coursework or assessment related issues/queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all queries relating to existing bookings, cancelling/rescheduling dates, diploma certificates or kits: email@example.com
Code of Conduct:
To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would ask the following code of conduct is adhered to at all times:-
- Punctuality is essential with all learners to arrive for 9.45am for a 10.00am start and training to finish at approximately 4.00pm. Allow adequate time to travel to the training centre. Lateness is very disruptive for other students and may mean you miss fundamental aspects of the training. You will be refused entry if you arrive late for training. There is a transfer fee of £25 per training date to reschedule your training if you arrive late. Please do not break from the training unless instructed to do so by the tutor. A lunch break is provided along with short refreshment breaks throughout the day, timed as is appropriate for the course. Taking excessive or unauthorised breaks may mean you miss vital training that impedes your success on the course. Students are advised to remain in the centre during agreed breaks. Should you leave the centre and return late from break(s), you may be refused entry and be unable to complete your course.
- Attendance of training days is compulsory. Failure to attend scheduled training can result in removal from your programme. Genuine reasons will be subject to the discretion of The UK School of Skin Excellence and handled under our above policy on rescheduling of training. This may be subject to rescheduling fees.
- Learners are required to purchase at their cost & wear a suitable beauty uniform (tunic) to training / assessment dates. Nails should be short, hair tied back. For health and safety, all jewellery should be removed except a plain wedding band and small stud earrings.
- All learners are expected to fully participate including giving and receiving treatments. Any exceptions (e.g. medical reasons) to this must be agreed at the time of booking and a suitable female model may be required to be provided by the student in order to participate.
- Please ensure an enrolment form is handed to the tutor. Please make the tutor aware of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking to ensure suitability for the training). This can be discussed with the tutor upon arrival at the centre, in confidence. This will allow the tutor to best support you throughout the training day and make any adjustments possible to assist you to gain the most from your training.
- We can accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property; however rare. Therefore we encourage students to leave all unnecessary valuables at home, remain vigilant to their belongings during training and take all property with them when leaving the centre. Any property left behind will be held for 7 days, following which it will be disposed as appropriate. Students are responsible for collection of lost items from site, by appointment. We cannot post or deliver any lost property.
- Products / tools provided at the training centre remain the property of The UK School of Skin Excellence and should not be taken from the training centre at any time. Such will be treated as theft and reported to the authorities. Please work with the tools / products and within the facilities provided taking care to avoid causing deliberate damage or loss. Students may be held responsible for the cost of such loss / damage. Please wait until items are provided to you and no time should students access any staff only store cupboards or storage areas without express permission of the tutor and/or without supervision. For reasons of health, safety and hygiene; please use products / tools / equipment only as directed and when prompted by the tutor. If asked to ‘down tools’, please ensure you comply with any instruction by ceasing immediately.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of agreed breaks.
- No smoking, use of e-cigarettes/vaporisers or chewing of gum within the training centre.
- Students must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during attendance of the training or assessment day(s). You may be asked to leave the centre where we have reason to suspect such influence, and the police may be contacted if appropriate.
- The training centres operate a mixed sex basis for training days and you must be prepared to give and receive treatments from students of the opposite sex. If there are any reasons of belief, faith or religion which prohibit this, please advise before booking. Male students will be required to provide a female model for the waxing courses and assessment days.
- Be courteous and respectful to tutors and other learners. No use of foul language. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated. Please avoid discussion of any sensitive or unrelated topics during the training which may distract other students or at any time, which may cause offence to others. While we operate a welcoming, friendly atmosphere on training days, student conduct should reflect that which would be expected by a beauty professional working within a salon environment since you are undertaking a professional skills course. Please ensure you work cooperatively and respectfully with all and take feedback / guidance seriously to allow you to acquire and demonstrate the required level of competence upon the training course(s). We appreciate learning new skills can sometimes be challenging but outbursts or disruptive behaviour (which may affect other students) will not be tolerated. Tutors will support you as best possible so please work with our staff to assist you, trusting in their professional knowledge and experience.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated at any time and will result an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the training immediately. You will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Should an issue arise on your training day in relating to other learners on the course or if you are experiencing difficulties with the course, please immediately notify your tutor so action can be taken or advice given to support you as required as it is sometimes difficult to rectify issues later and this will allow you to gain the most from your training day experience. Any issues will be handled in the strictest confidence but will not be permitted as grounds for any refund of course fees or for additional training, where this is not raised on the training day to enable remedy.
- Learner feedback forms are to be completed at every training session and are compulsory where requested.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at every training day to gain admission to the centre, if requested. Entry may be refused without this.
- Students must not take any photographs or make any recordings (audio or video) of any kind while in attendance of training and/or when within the training centre premises. This is to meet Data Protection legislation, to protect the privacy of our students and avoid disruption to training. Photos may occasionally be taken by tutors with the express permission of students, for the purposes of marketing/promotion.